Quality of Air Inside New CarsThis is a system aimed to make assessments in order to induce the manufacturers to produce safer motor vehicles.
Results of survey of quality of air inside new cars
Toluene, in the amount exceeding the recommended standard was detected in 4 out of 9 new model types of motor vehicles in 2011.
As for toluene, if it’s inhaled for more than 30 minutes, in a state exceeding 1,000㎍/㎥ which is the allowable limit, the inhaler discerns the pungent scent and if it exceeds the limit, it is known to cause disorder in the central nerves.
Survey of quality of indoor air in 2018
- Targeted motor vehicle Models
- Domestic passenger cars(8 models from 4 firms)
- Newly-built and released cars during 2017.7~2018.6.
- 7 types such as Formaldehyde, toluene, ethylbenzene, styrene, benzene, xylene, acrolein, etc.
- Measurement results
- 8 models all fall within the recommended standard
- Press release of survey results(2018.12.31.)
|Manufacturer||Name of car||Formaldehyde||Toluene||Ethylbenzene||Styrene||Benzene||Xylene||Acrolein|
|GM Korea Co., Ltd.||in Malibu||11||26.3||7.9||2.7||2.8||25.6||<0.01|
|Renault Samsung Motors Co., Ltd.||QM6||22.6||47.9||8.6||16.7||1.6||19||<0.01|